Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Part I: Mochalux Coffee August Artist of the Month

Pardon my tardiness on this post, but it's finally here!

This August I had the pleasure of being Artist of the Month at Mochalux Coffee & Tea Co. in Arlington! It was such an awesome experience, and I am beyond grateful to Autumn and Adam for making it happen! You guys were incredibly helpful, and your down-to-earth spirits made it a non-stressful experience, (as some art shows can be!). Thank you, again!

When I first came in to check it out, I immediately saw their "vision wall", and knew I was at the right place. The end says "we invite you to sit back and imagine what you CAN ACHIEVE and dream what you CAN BECOME." It challenged and encouraged me.


My mother did framing for a few years in college, so she was heaven sent with helping me frame all of my work. We managed to keep the framing affordable, but still make it look great. 
What would we do without moms, right?

The end result:




Some of my mom's friends came to look at my work while setting up (Thanks guys!):



Business cards!


The blessings didn't stop there though! Part II is tomorrow!
~Aubrey

P.S. If you're in the Arlington area, be sure to check out Mochalux! They're also on Facebook!

2 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

congrats on being artist of the month. awww would a good mom- she did a great job on the framing :)

Aubirdy said...

Thanks so much!

Post a Comment