Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Summatime!

Phew, it's been a long time since I've blogged!

This past semester was crazy, but beneficial! I learned loads about myself and my art,-stretching my artistic mind! There was a lot of projects and lots of things going on personally, but summer has been a nice change.

To kick off summer, three friends of mine went with me to Corpus for the "Ink Slingers Ball" hosted by the printmaking professor from TAMUCC, Ryan O'Malley. It was an awesome event filled with music, live workshops, and a printmaking gallery show that I was honored to be featured in! It was a great opportunity and I'm so grateful for my professor and friend, John Hancock, for all his help and perpetuating me to new levels as an artist. I got to see some old friends since I used to live in Corpus Christi, and had a blast with my friends that accompanied me,-even though we almost went to MEXICO on our way down! Never use Google Maps, stick with GPS! ;)

Here are some pictures from the trip!:

 My nesting doll and zombie in the show!

 My friends checking out the gallery show,-beautiful work!

We even got some beach time :)

More posts about what I've been making lately soon!
Peace, Love, and ART!
-Aubrey


0 comments:

Post a Comment